Sunday, July 20, 2014

Dream Living


It just occurred to me (and forgive me if fact checkers and researches find there is another who has articulated these ideas...  If so, good job to them, because I've adopted them and when I think of them, they feel like my own thoughts.  --and that goes for any and all of my posts....)


It just occurred to me that there are three types of "dream living"...


  •        Living IN a dream
  •        Living ON a dream
  •        Living the dream



Living IN a dream is the state of being delusional...  Either through over-optimistic thinking that denies reality, or through negative despair that sees no brighter day, a dream can haunt and torment a person.


Living ON a dream is the healthy use of hope to drive action.  It motivates a person to see beyond obstacles to find solutions and picks them up when they are down.  Living on a dream is the power that can move a person to real action for real results.


Living the dream is the feeling of gratitude in any condition that allows a person to understand (as the proverb says) "The secret to having it all is to realize you already do."


Which dream are you living?

2 comments:

Lhone said...

Gratitude in any condition (circumstance) is a good thing. I NEED to work on it

Karen said...

I've been telling Dennis for the past long while that I am truly LIVING THE DREAM! There's no Place on earth I'd rather be--no Husband I'd rather have--no Family I'd rather be a part of and nothing I'd rather be doing than just being his wife, you kids's mother, and the grandmother I am to all our glorious grandchildren. That's the truth--I'm LIVING THE DREAM!!
Isn't it marvelous that we have the truths of the gospel in our life, and we have a traditional dad/mom/kids/grandkids family where we're all MARRIED and happy and love each other, and live in uncluttered, uncrowded areas where family traditions are strong?? Isn't that a BLESSING? Can't you see why I'm so very happy with my life?? I truly love my life and I'm delighted that we have the family that we have! Lots of Love to you, my son. From your mom, Karen